Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Can I sue the police department for false arrest?

A while back I was accused of false charges where I was arrested I ended up having to hire an attorney and pay 50000$ bond was very stressful and lost my job it came down to the pretrial conference where my lawyer questioned everyone involved. the charges were dropped that very day because both of the people that accused me of the crime during questioning admitted that the police officers that had arrested them told them to implicate me so that they may obtain a warrant for me in exchange for less time for them one of the officers was in plain uniform and the other was masked. My lawyer had everything transcribed so it's all in writing the prosecutor was present and both of my accusers said the same thing. Charges were dropped but I am still outraged and feel very violated I'm out over 15000 that I spent I lost my job that I've had for 5 years and they have slandered my name. Is there anything I can do like a lawsuit or something along those lines. Someone please help.

No comments:

Post a Comment