Saturday, July 16, 2011

Chinese Water Dragon Laying Eggs! Help?

My CWD is laying eggs. She has been to the vet and received an ultrasound and she laid one last week. No more yet but I got her a box to lay in with moist coconut soil and she has at least 6-7 left. She has been digging like crazy in the box and tonight I found her in the box still from earlier this afternoon and she is sitting in an odd position so I think she might be laying another or multiple tonight. Originally I believed they were all duds but after talking to a friend who is into reptiles (though knows nothing about CWD's) she suggested that it is possible for males to breed earlier than females. So, I have my female in with a possible (pretty certain) male who is smaller and younger though they are very close in size and I am wondering if it is possible that these eggs might be good. So, my question is, how do I give them a chance to hatch? Do they need to be incubated? Can I use just a cup and a heat pad or do I need more fancy than that? What happens if I just leave them be where she lays them, will they just die? If you can answer my question I will award 10 points to best answer. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment